The mission of Safety Zone Advocacy, Inc. is to provide the most accurate information about the Education on Safety, Prevention and Intervention of Sex Crimes. Our goal is to proactively protect children from sexual predators and to provide support to victims and families.
Safety Zone Advocacy, Inc. is working to tackle the following most disturbing statistics:
• 70% of children who are abducted are taken on the way to or from school.
• 36% of children, who are victims of sex crimes, have known their predator for more then a year at the time of the incident.
• More then 20,000 images of children are posted on the internet each week.
• Approximately 20 new children appear on port sites each month, many kidnapped or sold into the sex trade.
• 40% of people charged with child porn sexually abuse children.
• 1 of 5 children who use a computer chat room has been approached by a pedophile.
• The chances of being caught for a sexual offense is approximately 3%.
• 93% of juvenile sexual assault victims knew their attacker, 34.2% were family, 58.7 aquantances and 7% were strangers.
• Nearly 30% of child victims are age 4-7.
• 1 out of every 5-7 boys are sexually assaulted before they are 18.
• 1 out of every 3-5 girls are sexually assaulted before they are 18.
• 89% of sexual solicitations were made in either chat rooms or in instant messages.
• 13 million youth use instant messages.
• 1 in 33 receives aggressive sexual solicitation.
The statistics are alarming! Many say, "it is a lost cause." At Safety Zone Advocacy, Inc. we believe these statistics can be greatly reduced, if not eradicated if the community comes together to address the problem in a focused, positive way. Safety Zone Advocacy, Inc. has developed a series of programs that address these statistics through education and community outreach programs that educate and empower youth and adults to be agents of positive change in their communities.
Our programs and services are directed to accomplishing three main objectives:
1.) To educate youth and their family on safety issues and best practices.
2.) To prevent abductions, sex crimes and drug abuse amongst youth.
3.) To intervene by aiding law officials in educating community members and assist with the arrest and detainment of sexual predators.
Safety Zone Advocacy, Inc. was founded by Judy Cornett and formed by a group of professionally trained individuals with the same concerns: The Education on Safety, Prevention and Intervention of Sex Crimes.
Our Board of Directors is comprised of individuals from the fields of Mental Health, Law Enforcement, Medicine, Entertainment, Non-Profit Governance and Law.
Our Team is proud to say that "We are committed and educated in our current laws, and are aware of changes that are desperately needed."
Getting Child Molesters OFF the streets is one of our TOP priorities!
EDUCATION ON SAFETY,
PREVENTION & INTERVENTION
OF SEX CRIMES AGAINST CHILDREN
Inspiration Point is a place to come for beautiful and inspirational quotes, stories & video's about life, love, health, animals, relationships, and more.